Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ch Ch Ch Changes! Business Plan Changes That Is...

Having written a post a couple of weeks back about two very important members of the industry. And when I say “very important members of the industry” I actually mean, industry royalty. I’m speaking of Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, two incredibly creative people and visionaries from very early on in their careers.

Having taken this class this month, and going through some personal situations that have made me question myself, my plans in the very professional aspect of my life, and remembering that this was the last blog post of this class, it was convenient to find that it was about furthering even more into the information we found on these two incredible people we spoke about. So, I went back to that first blog post from three weeks ago, and (not that I forgot, but it sort of slipped my mind) that George and Steven must have went through similar circumstances at a moment in their lives where they had to question themselves, whether they were doing the right thing, in pursuing this big dream they had of making motion pictures.

But you get over it, you know? It’s all part of a human being’s development. So, I went back to my original business plan, and looked at it from a standpoint where I literally had nothing to lose. So, I decided to create a business plan that not only helped me make movies by myself, but also help others make their own films, whether they were international filmmakers looking for inexpensive locations, or just local filmmakers with the artistic intention of expressing an idea through film making. So the general idea for the business was originally going to be a film studio so that I could make the films that I wanted to, but I knew that it needed a bigger purpose than just that. So, it became sort of this dream for other filmmakers whether locals or international to come to my studio and film their movies.

I think investors will see the importance of the studio not just being a studio for the sake of being a studio. The fact that we are open for business for others as well is something that can speak volumes to investors. After all, we have to make a living out of this. At the end of the day we are looking for profit from this venture, so, it’s a good opportunity to help others fulfill their dreams as well as ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment