Sunday, July 29, 2012

Editing My Life... Get it?

--> Well, my future as an Editor will definitely be an interesting one. I have just been informed that the short film that I edited, and for which I was paid $200, has just won prizes for Best Actress in a Short, and Best Script in a Short at a local and internationally known film festival in Puerto Rico. I don’t presume that I will start charging loads of money for my services as an editor, but I do definitely want to expand my knowledge in the field.

When I started my Bachelor’s degree in Radio & TV Production back ’07, I avoided editing at all costs; I always relegated that chore to someone else in my groups. For some reason I was dead afraid of putting myself out there in terms of cutting footage and having the misfortune of ruining what we had captured in video for our class projects. But then, just like in ’06, when I finally made the decision to change majors from small business administration, to Radio and Television Production, I plucked up the courage to finally edit our projects, I put my name for every single project. And I did it.

I felt such a high!

I felt like it was mine. Of course our group worked incessantly during that last semester of class, and we all did it together. But I edited it all. I put my point across. I put my vision across. Somewhere in the world, someday, someone is going to see my work. The thought alone gave me chills, the good ones anyway. I was ready to do it. I graduated, I looked for jobs incessantly, until 2011 where I finally decided to get my Master’s, and so this adventure began, I’ve told you a couple of times, how it’s been during the program. That it’s been an adventure is an understatement. That it’s tested me to limits I didn’t even know existed within me is another understatement.

But I can finally say that in one week I will graduate from Full Sail University with a Master of Science in Entertainment Business. The thought of it alone is delicious.

I will continue to soar through life making these crazy decisions that I know someday will drive me to the loony bin, and I will always love it. Hopefully by then I will have a job where I can make a difference.

I hope you’ve enjoyed my blog posts during this year.

This is me signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment