Monday, July 16, 2012

Future Full Sailors in Music, Film, TV, Gaming, Editing, Whatever!

Hello readers,

Let me begin by saying that these last two months of class have been quite the learning experience. I am officially on my last class of the Entertainment Business Master of Science program (EBMS) at Full Sail University. It hasn't been easy and when I want to give up I remember that there are people in the world that wish they had the opportunities that I have right at this moment. Either way, I'm battling through this mental obstacle, and finally reaching graduation.

This final class is about officially putting together all the work I did in the Business Plan Development class two months ago. We did the financial statements, the managerial, organizational, and industry analysis parts that make up the business plan. This class is the Big Kahuna compared to the rest of the classes I’ve been taking since last February. If I’m being honest here, even though I started this a year and a half ago, not only do I NOT know what I’m going to do once I graduate, I also didn’t think I would actually make it this far, even if I am a couple of months late.

Having said that I only have a couple of things to say before the last blog post comes in a couple of weeks. I will parlay the one thing I can say is of the utmost importance when beginning an academic career with Full Sail University – Online, and that is to ALWAYS BE PREPARED. There will be presentation formats that you’ve never in your life have heard of, and you will probably think that you got it in the bag. You won’t. Which is why you need to make sure you check out your assignments for every week on Monday mornings, and start them at least on Tuesday, that way, you will have Thursday and Friday to finish the rest of the assignments given to you.

Another piece of advice: ALWAYS ATTEND THE WIMBA SESSIONS. I cannot stress enough how important these are. Even if you go to the archives, make sure you go prior to Sunday. It won’t serve its purpose if you go on the one day you have to submit your homework.

Yet another piece of advice: don’t forgo reading the class textbooks, or the additional reading material appointed by the professors. You might find it an annoyance, but trust me when I say this: it will help you complete your assignments in a much more professional fashion, and that gives you credit points with the professors.

This next one is probably the most important one, yet one of the most overlooked by students. ALWAYS submit your homework ON-TIME. I cannot stress this enough. You can be one day late in submitting your assignments and your grades WILL suffer the consequences of the strictness with which the professors at Full Sail University treat this matter. Trust me. You will go through situations, of course, but never let even one day go by before submitting your assignments.

As my last piece of advice I will only say this: HAVE FUN. I have stated enough before that Full Sail University is one the most difficult experiences I’ve ever gone through in my life. But I wouldn’t change it for the world. I learned more about not only myself, but also about the business that I want to work in. I met new people; I discovered new things about myself that I didn’t know I had in me. I see new possibilities in life that I didn’t see before. Before I came to Full Sail University, I thought I was tripping on daydreams because they would never come true. But Full Sail is the reason why I feel more confident about going forward with my goals, and dreams.

So please, have fun and never lose the passion you have for your dreams and goals, because that’s what’s going to take you as far as you want to go in life.

See you in a couple of weeks for the last post!

The journey is almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment